Below is a list of the minimal things you can do to secure your device.
- Configure Automatic Updates to ensure your device always has the latest security patches and enhancements.
- Anti-Virus: CrowdStrike antivirus software for University owned equipment. Anti-Virus for personal devices
- Backup: Faculty, Faculty-Emeritus or Staff members with a pustatus of FAC, STF, or EME is eligible to use Code42/CrashPlan. All others should consider alternative backup solutions including Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Encryption: Windows BitLocker | MacOS FileVault | Ubuntu Linux FDE
- GlobalProtect VPN – VPNs are often used to guard against hackers and snoops on public networks, but they’re also useful for hiding your IP address, browsing activity, and personal data
- Secure Send – Send email and attachments securely.
- LastPass Password Manager – Store your passwords to all your online accounts securely.
We would be happy to look at any device you may have security questions about. Please contact us.